Sunday, July 19, 2015

Life Update - So many changes!

In the voice of Chandler Bing, "Could there be any more life changes??"  That pretty much sums up the next few weeks of our lives!  When it rains it pours :)  

Upcoming Life Changes:
July 27 - I start back as a 3rd grade teacher at River Bend, where I taught before Luca was born.  
July 27 - Luca starts daycare!  Ahhhh, so many emotions about this one!
July 31 - We close on our house, and Lord willing we close on the house we are buying the same day (pending some inspection related negotiating).
August 5ish - We move into our new house after painting, cleaning, and some repairs are done.  

We have been praying for wisdom about me staying home or going back to work for several months now.   I don't regret my decision to stay home for the first year of Luca's life, because I had no idea how becoming a mother would affect me, both physically and emotionally (and I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's, a thyroid disease, after Luca was born, which comes with a long list of symptoms that aren't exactly fun).  Let's just say it was a rough first 6 months, and there's no way I could have gone back at the time my maternity leave would have had me go back.  

But now things are getting better, and after many months of praying for wisdom specifically for our financial situation, we have some answers!  The daycare we wanted Luca to go to had an opening the same exact day of the first day my job would start.  I accepted the job, signed Luca up for daycare (well, we are still working on the 10 billion papers to fill out...), and it's all official!  And I'm really excited to rejoin some of the same wonderful teammates that I taught with at RBES!  :)  

We are pretty nervous about so many changes happening all at once, but we serve a God who is constant in the midst of any change, which brings so much comfort.  When I've been sad about leaving our house and getting a new one, Alex reminds me that our family is what creates our home, and wherever we are together, that will be our home :)  

So, the next few weeks will be crazy, but hopefully crazy good.  Prayers are appreciated!

2 comments: