Saturday, September 20, 2014

Date Night!

Last night my sweet friend Hallie offered to come hang out with Luca while Alex and I went on our first date since Luca was born (and kind of our first date in over a year, because my pregnancy pretty much made me want to sit on the couch all the time instead of going to do things).  I wasn't anxious about leaving him, since Hallie is awesome, but it was pretty weird at first to both be in the car and him not be there.  We've each been away from him but not both at the same time.  It seems like he did a pretty good job for Aunt Hallie while we were gone.  We fed him and put him to bed before we left, and he only woke up crying once or twice and finally slept the rest of the time.  We didn't know how it would be go, because our little booger won't take a bottle which makes outings a little difficult.  He is sleeping between 7-9 hours at night though, so he was pretty much out the whole time we were gone.  Yay Luca!

Alex and I went to eat at Sitti.  We had each only been there one other time, and all I remembered from last time I went was how AMAZING the bread is.  We had tried to make a reservation earlier in the day, but they didn't have a time that worked for us, so we figured we would just go and see how long the wait was.  They told us it would be a 45 minute wait, and then my charming husband tells the hostess that its our first date since our baby was born and to go ahead and add our name to the list, that we didn't mind waiting.  The hostess says, "Oh my goodness!  Well, let me see... I can seat you guys right now."  Alex, working his magic!  It made me think of that episode of Friends (because everything is an episode of Friends!) where Chandler tries to slip the maitre d' money to seat them early.  The only difference in these situations is that Alex actually got us seated early and Chandler didn't ;)  The dinner was super good - of course we ate way too much of that awesome bread and weren't really that hungry by the time the meal came... but we still enjoyed all of it!

Last night was a cool, beautiful fall night - of course my Panamanian husband had to wear a toboggan on his head, because he's always cold and doesn't enjoy the fall as much as I do!  After dinner we walked around downtown and then rode around a little on one of the bicycle rickshaws, which neither of us had ever done before.  It was a great first date to leave Luca home, because we didn't have a big plan or a timetable in case Hallie called and said Luca was awake and hungry.  We really want to see a movie soon, but until he takes a bottle that idea is probably not going to happen.  If any of you have tips for getting a baby to take a bottle again (while continuing to nurse), message me.  We want it to happen!

It was a lovely first date post-Luca.  My husband is sweet and I'm thankful that even though we're married, we are still dating :)

Did I mention I went on a date with Enrique Iglesias?  ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment