Friday, January 31, 2014

My Best Frenemy. Food.

I've always lived to eat.  My vacations with my best friends (and now with my husband) consist of planning out the new restaurants we will visit, and then we fill up the time in between meals with talking and maybe planning a thing or two (including where our next meal will be).  I live to eat... until recently.

The last 3 months since we found out we were expecting our baby have been super backwards for me.  Not to say I haven't been eating all the time, because I definitely have!  But I don't want anything.  I'm mostly eating because I have found out the hard way that not eating makes me feel even worse.  In the beginning of my pregnancy, I had a constant slideshow of food running through my brain.  I would just let each picture pass through my brain, saying, "Gross.  Gross.  Gross.  Ooh, maybe.  Ew, never mind.  Gross..." until I finally found something that I thought might not make me sick.  So, food became a frenemy.  Sad times.

Let me just say that I am so thankful for my husband.  Money is tight, but he saw how helpful it was for me to be able to just eat what sounded good to me during my first trimester.  We didn't do much cooking, because I couldn't handle the thought of anything smelling in the kitchen before or after we ate.  So... we did a LOT of eating out.  We are hopeful that February will be the month where things get back to normal.  Or at least that we'll have a new normal that will include cooking at home a few times a week.  This will be better for our budget and our baby :)  

With the help of some Zofran (which I finally got some more of... don't get me started on how the insurance company only covers 21 of them for every 30 days), I am feeling a little better.  Here's a sign of change for the better.  For the last 3 months I couldn't look at Pinterest or think of cooking (scrolling made me feel sick, and also I couldn't bear the thought of sight of random food in pictures).  Today, I used it to help me make a 2-week meal plan so that we can actually stick to a budget this month!  Here's to trying, even if we fail :)

The top is the chore chart I made, and the bottom is our meal plan.
It's basic, but at least it will help us a little bit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment